Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Full Day of Custody Attempts - No Success - November 23, 2011

I am just exhausted both mentally and physically.  I wanted to write this though before the night turned into the morning and I lost pieces of the day.

Today was a full on battle to try and get my daughter for the Thanksgiving Holiday. This year Thanksgiving is my holiday of rotation but just like all the other visitations that have been taken from me, Thanksgiving has been taken too.

After stating in an email on Tuesday afternoon around noon that I would be at my daughters mother's house at noon to pick my daughter up I did not hear back from the mother until 11:33 am. on Wednesday, stating that I would not be allowed to have my daughter for the holiday. I showed up at the house and video taped the attempt and then went straight to the Sandy Springs Police Department to see if there wasn't something that could be done.




You see this holiday was a little different then the regular scheduled visits because my younger daughters step sister is here for the holiday as well and she desperately wanted to see her sister who she has not seen in over 6 months. This whole thing is such a disaster I can't even get my head around it.  I am so disgusted with the apathy of the system and the lack of sense about what is really going on in our society.  To have such a movement against dead beat dads but completely turn the other way when so many mother's are creating this kind of societal melt down, I can't believe it.

This phenomenon has really started to gain momentum and will cause more harm in the years to come in our society then any dead beat dad situation.  This is ripe with hatred and spite and deceit and every other kind of societal behavioral disaster you can think of. 

The bottom line is once again, but in greater detail there is nothing the police can or are willing to do in this type of case. I was told to try and contact the Fulton County sheriff because they deal more with the civil cases. I called the Sheriff's office to see if I could get a Sheriff to meet me at her house but they are not willing to do anything either. My hands are tied in so many ways it is not even funny and there is no one willing to step up and help out with something like this. The mother gets to act and behave the way she wants and there is no authority to hold her accountable.

The ironic thing about this whole process is the Jury Duty notice I received in the mail last week. I have to appear in court next Tuesday for Jury Duty or else I am in contempt of the court and can be fined or do jail time. This is the second Jury Duty summons I have had in about 3 years. My case for the contempt of the decree and to modify visitation against my X-wife has strung out for 2 years. It seems the courts are able to put the citizens in rotation for jury duty and threaten them with contempt of court more efficiently then they are able to help the citizens work through civil situations that are blatantly in contempt of court.

There have to be more people living in Fulton county then there are cases in front of mine I put in the court systems over 2 years ago, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment